Strength of Materials - Part. 1: Elementary Theory and Problems contains the essential material that is usually covered in required courses of strength of materials in our engineering schools.
Strength of Materials - Part. 2: Advanced Theory and Problems contains the later developments that are of practical importance in the fields of strength of materials, and theory of elasticity. Complete derivations of problems of practical interest are given in most cases.
The books are illustrated with a number of problems to which solutions are presented. In many cases, the problems are chosen so as to widen the field covered by the text and to illustrate the application of the theory in the solution of design problems.
Part. 1: Elementary Theory and Problems
1. Tension and Compression within Elastic Limit
2. Analysis of Stress and Strain
3. Shearing FOrce and Bending Moment
4. Stresses in Transversally Loaded Beams
5. Deflection in Transversally Loaded Beams
6. Statistically Intermediate Problem in Bending
7. Beams of Variable Cross Section. Beams of Two Materials
8. Combined Tension and Compression; Theory of Columns
9. Torsion and Combined Bending and Torsion
10. Energy of Strain
Appendix : Moments of Inertia of Plane Figures
Part. 2: Advanced Theory and Problems
1. Specia Problems in Bending of Beams
2. Curved Bars
3. Thin plates and Shells
4. Buckling of Bars, Plates and Shells
5. Deformation Symmetrical About Axis
7. Stress Concentration
8. Deformation Beyond Elastic Limit
9. Mechanical Properties of Materials
# Title : Strength of Materials
# Author : S. Timoshenko
# Publisher: Van Nostrand
# Number Of Pages:
# Publication Date: 1940 2nd ed.
# ISBN-10 / ASIN: B000ERXVSC